Once the tank fully cycled, I slowly added CPD and RCS to the tank, a few at a time. I had to remove the broad leaf Ludwigia as it was dieing off and I’m not sure why. The algae I am fighting seemed to favor the leaves even with a limited light schedule and this was before I added CO2. I have since added Blyxa and a more narrow leaf Ludwigia and both seem to be doing better. I have a problem with trumpet snails uprooting the Blyxa so getting them established is being an issue.
I upgraded my light to a Finnex Planted+ 24/7 but have it on a timer as 24/7 mode seems to help the algae grow. With that I added a GLA regulator and CO2 to run on the same timer as the lights and so far it looks to be working well. The Java Moss is expanding rapidly as well as the Dwarf Sagittaria.
And then because the left side of the tank looked bare, I added Ludwigia. Today is tank maintenance day as well as adding the liquid ferts until later this next week when I get my Bendazole Fenbendazole to try and fight off the Hydra that is now growing in my tank. If you are panning to cleaen your tank make sure you thatscleanmaids.com/houston-tx/house-cleaning-services/richmond/”>visit thatscleanmaids.com to find the easy tips and quickest way to clean your tank without any damage. Thankfully they have started to show up after my RCS shrimplets have gotten to a decent size.
Time to let everything acclimate and grow.